Monday 5 March 2012

Preface

I've been meaning to start a journal for Baby Bear (BB)  since his birth. Actually I'd been wanting to do it since I got pregnant but could never find the time between hugging the porcelain bowl and downing tylenol for the migraines. Then he arrived on October 5th, 2011 and its been a whirlwind ever since.

When BB turned 3 months, I ventured out to Chapters and bought a journal where I could document all the magical moments of one's new beginnings. Today he is 5 months old and that journal's spine has yet to be broken. Typing on a computer is much faster, and in truth, has a higher probability of getting done than hand writing everything into a beautiful hard cover book. I'm starting this blog purely for BB. I love the thought of BB reading about his early days sometime in the future when he's all grown up. It stems from the joy I feel when reading my childhood journals. That, and the fact that Im a very sentimental person and cherish the keeping of memories. BB may grow up and not be sentimental at all, and all of this may be wasted on him, but I hope it won't.

And so we begin. Happy reading my sweet BB. And happy 5 months <3


No comments:

Post a Comment